Monday, February 25, 2013

I'll never have the perfect home!

I figured I'll never have the perfect home and yesterday was a perfect example of why not.  I was going to get a shower and wanted to clean it before I got in.  My husband had taken our daughter for a walk and I thought to myself, I'm alone I can spend a good half hour to myself.  So I took my time and started cleaning the shower.  Well I was about 80% done with the task at hand when hubby texted me to tell me that our little girl kept looking back at the house seeing if I was going to come too.  I scrubbed about twenty seconds more and realized that sometimes you just have to put things on the back burner in order to enjoy the true things about life.  So I stopped scrubbing, sprayed vinegar on the walls so I wouldn't come back to cleanser caked to the walls, and headed out the door.  It was the best decision I had made that day.  As she pushed her little cart into my heels and me feigning "ouch," her little squeals of delight proved I had made the right decision.  It was definitely my lesson of the day and as for the shower, I never did go back to it.  Maybe that is why my house will never be 100% and that is okay with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment