Saturday, February 23, 2013

Hangover Morning Sort of

Have you ever been out late as a parent and feel like you have a hangover just because you missed out on a couple of hours of sleep?  Well we didn't get to bed last night till 1:00 in the morning and today I'm hurting.  Its funny how I used to party in my early 20s and never feel the effects of a late night.  Now I just want to curl up on the couch and take a nap.  It was a rewarding night though.  I got to see friends and people I hadn't seen in awhile.  We all have lives to lead and busy ones for that matter.  It gets harder and harder to keep in touch with all the people you do know.  Its hard to find alone time to just spend with your spouse when you have kids that sometimes your friends are left on the back burner.  Last night I think I got to do both really.

As we sat listening to the speaker, hubby put his arm around me and gave me a peck on the cheek and I was in bliss.  Those are rare moments when we don't have this little munchkin trying to interrupt.  As we paid the babysitter, I realized we had spent 8 hours away from our little girl.  Now most of those she was in bed, but I don't think I have ever spent that much time away from her.  I came home and I almost wanted to look into her crib to watch her sleep because I missed her.  As much as parents need a break, there is a love that you cannot break.  So instead of the chance of waking her, I watched her on the baby monitor instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment