Sunday, March 31, 2013

Crowded Elevator No Thank You!

As a pregnant woman, a crowded elevator is the last thing I want to be on.  I once was on an elevator
with a dog and the smell was so pungent that I literally had to get off on the next floor.  I was pregnant with my daughter back then and everything smelled so strong.  I learned my lesson and so this time around if I see a packed elevator, I'm not going to squeeze into any space.  Women who bathe in perfume or the cigarette smoker is so common these days that my stranger radar is on high alert when I see a crowded elevator.  On top of that, I kind of like to avoid the trivial conversations that seem to occur on these minute trips too.  I'm almost 9 months pregnant and no I do not feel like discussing my due dates and to make polite conversation at the moment.

I know I know people are trying to be polite, but remember my Valentine's comment about me being a raging wildebeest?  Well when you start packing on the baby weight and can barely manage to get out of the chair, your last concern are polite conversation with complete strangers.  People will tell you are glowing, but sometimes thats not how you feel at all.  The back pain, the waddling, the constant hunger, the varicosity issues, and the swollen feet are just a few of the daily joys of pregnancy.  Top that with a toddler in tow and you have your hands completely full.

I guess I'm telling you all of this especially if you are pregnant that you should know your limits.  What can you handle for the day?  If a marathon shopping trip while pregnant does not sound appealing, why say yes to that friend of yours?  It is okay to say no and mine is crowded elevators.  My husband did tell me there was plenty of room and maybe there was, but six people on an elevator is too crowded for me.    I chose to do it my way.  I decided I would go on the very empty escalator that was so nice and roomy!

No comments:

Post a Comment