Friday, March 15, 2013

Coconut oil...Ooh la la

Wait did I just make a hint about coconut oil being used for THAT?!?  If you make that leap of what I am referring to then yes I in fact did!  If Victoria Secret models can parade down runaways and give the glimpse of what regular men will never have then we can be honest about this subject.  Although how in the world did Marko Jaric ever catch Adriana Lima, I will never understand.  Have you seen him lately?  He is not exactly Gerard Butler in 300 or Bradley Cooper so how in the world did he get her?!?  Anyway, I digress and need to get back onto the real subject of coconut oil and its ummm many uses.

Lets be rational.  If you were not made in a petri dish then you were conceived the old fashioned way.  I know its hard to fathom our parents ever doing things like THAT, but come on you got here somehow.  So how did I ever come across coconut oil making a leap from the frying pan into the bedroom?  Well that is an interesting story in itself.

Now we all get colds, viruses, and infections where we must seek out medical attention.  After the birth of my daughter, I came down with an infection and I kind of blame it on her long 23 hour birth.  In fact, many women struggle with these infections and I had no idea birthing a baby could run you so ragged that you are more susceptible to colds, UTIs, and yeast.  Well I tried the holistic approach and could not overcome my illness.  It did not help that the usual handy tinctures I would have reached for to help me, I could not even use because I was breastfeeding.

So I landed in the doctors office not once, but three times to be exact.  If the doctors had just listened to me as the patient, I would have been able to overcome my illness with one round of antibiotics.  Instead, they kept upping the dose and changing the antibiotic on me.  I told them what antibiotic served me well in this situation, but nope I'm just the patient and don't know anything.  Well I came down with a yeast infection for the first time EVER and it was absolutely miserable.  The over counter stuff does nothing to cure it either, it just masks the symptoms.  I went to the supplement store completely embarrassed that I even had to ask them for a good probiotic that would help me.

The gal at the store wasn't even fazed by my question and even suggested a few other remedies and one of them being coconut oil.  I thought it is worth a try and at that time, I would have done anything to clear it up.  So besides hating the doctors for not listening to me, I was also sleep deprived due to having a new baby.  It was not a great time for me.  However, there are good things that can come out of bad situations and this was one of them.  I had no idea that coconut oil was so versatile and so I started to research the benefits of coconut oil and how it was anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral.

Well lo and behold, I came across websites with people professing their love of it in the bedroom.  WHAT?!?  Are they flipping nuts?  I mean seriously don't they make stuff specifically for that kind of fun?  You can't go a week where you don't see the commercials for those proclaiming that this one kind of gel will rock your world.  However, if you have ever looked at those ingredients on those gels they aren't exactly natural.  So toss those chemicals out and grab that coconut oil to spice up your fun in the bedroom.  If you are trying to get pregnant, it will not interfere either as some lubricants can.  If you are reading this because you so desperately want a baby and are looking for ideas how to not to kill off those precious swimmers, then trust me and go with the coconut oil.  It is definitely cheaper than anything they try to market to you online.  I hope my one little suggestion will give you what you so desperately desire.  I've been there and the road is not easy.

Besides the bedroom excitement, I have come across information that it will help with scars and stretch marks.  I wish I had known about it when I was pregnant with my daughter too.  Stretch marks plagued me during my pregnancy and I made my own concoction which ended up costing me a bunch of money.  It did not help at all and my belly looked like a red roadmap.  This pregnancy I decided to try coconut oil based on the reviews of some other pregnant ladies and it is absolutely amazing.  It is healing the scars from the previous pregnancy and preventing new ones from developing.  I am sure I will get a few stretch marks as I get closer to my due date, but so far the coconut oil is staving off most of them.

I do have pregnancy brain again and a couple of weeks ago, I grabbed a hot handle on the stove causing me to burn my finger. Hubby thought I was being real brilliant by the way.  I iced it and hubby said to me more than once that it was going to blister.  I think he sounded like a broken record at that point.  After icing it, I thought what do I have to lose and I grabbed the coconut oil and kept putting it on the burn for most of the day. BAM it was gone and it did not burn or hurt much at all.  This should have blistered and I agreed it looked bad.  I had no problems with my finger the next day and you could not even tell I had burned it.

So overall coconut oil rocks!  I ended up buying a rather expensive brand of coconut oil at the store which I will share with you.  I really true believe you get what you pay for when it comes to quality.  The one that was recommended to me is the Garden of Life brand.  It is Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and 100 percent organic.  I will probably stick with this one brand due to how well its keeping the stretch marks at bay.  However, amazon has a great price on it too!  Check it out and my best advice is to google coconut oil and to see the many benefits that this little oil provides.  I even read how one mom uses it to brush her little girl's teeth.  So just like vinegar, coconut oil has hundreds of uses too.


No comments:

Post a Comment