Saturday, March 9, 2013

Aargh Springing Forward

Don't forget to set your clocks one hour ahead when you go to bed tonight.  I truly despise this tradition and it seems to get worse when you have kids.  Last time I think it took us two weeks for us to get her onto the right time schedule.  I actually want to live in Hawaii and Arizona just because they don't observe this antiquated idea.  Now hubby and I have tried to go to bed a little earlier this week because we knew it was coming, but it still will affect us I'm sure.

Ben Franklin was a brilliant guy, but I really wish he had not come up with this idea.  I know he probably didn't think that this one idea would cause more problems than what its worth.  Some experts say it reduces people getting into car accidents, but I would like to disagree.  Maybe it was due to all of us being sleep derived college students, but I had a guy back into me on campus on one springing forward event.  He was not paying attention that I was behind him and I have to attribute that to a lack of sleep.  I am already a sleep deprived pregnant lady with a young toddler in tow so I bet this is going to feel like a whole week hangover.

Well that is as much rant as I want to give to this subject.  I will caution you to be careful out on the roads tomorrow and the following week especially if you have young ones in the car.  If you are a coffee drinker, go ahead and get that extra dose of caffeine.  I wonder if all the coffee places rejoice when these events happen.  Maybe there should be a study about how much coffee is consumed after daylight savings time change.  I BET there is an increase!

No comments:

Post a Comment