Thursday, May 23, 2013

I Hate Goodbyes

Where has time gone?  I know it has been a little while since my last random thought and maybe its a good thing I haven't been on.  Seriously!  Last week, our sixteen year old kitty went downhill quickly due to kidney failure and on Thursday we decided to put her down.  It was probably the most difficult thing I have had to do in about five years.  My husband travels for his job and so I literally spent almost every single day with her.  I was completely crushed I had to say goodbye and if you have lost a pet you have had a long time, you end up grieving for them.  I am still grieving for her, but the reality that she will never be here again is starting to sink in.  I know this is not the most happy post, but I think I needed time away from my blog and to come to terms with everything.

Her litter mate stopped eating for two days which did not help and only started when we came back from the vet office without her sister.  I have been trying to give her extra attention and to make sure her appetite is back.  They had a love hate relationship which I found entertaining.  They could sleep next to each other and later they could fight and hiss at each other like crazy.  If you have never heard a cat fight, the best way to describe it would be a bar brawl at full tempo.  Although my favorite fight scene would have to be between Colin Firth and Hugh Grant in Bridget Jones's Diary.  Most fights are not so comical, but this one is.  I really am going to miss the ruckus that my two fuzzballs would make when attacking each other.  They never harmed each other and in sixteen years I never had to take them to the vet for their love fights.  It was love, right?!?

Anyway, I have traveled down memory lane these past few days and I think the memory that keeps coming back is the one I was making a road trip from Colorado to Texas.  I had a jeep back then and it was loaded to the gills with even the spare tire on top.  I probably looked like a traveling hoarder although in reality I was just a college student headed home.  The two fuzzballs were with me and I was traveling 80 mph when all of a sudden my passenger back tire comes flying off past me.  I watched it go up the side of the on ramp and stop.  The jeep literally just came to a halt and I think I was in complete shock.  Apparently, the people who had rotated my tires did not tighten the lug nuts back on very well.  I heard quite a few times from people I was lucky my vehicle did not roll over and that I survived.  Well all three of us survived that day.  Now I have to live without one of those kitties and this just proves to me we went through so much together.




No comments:

Post a Comment