Saturday, March 1, 2014

How Do You Rate?

Have you ever seen an abandoned dirty diaper on the side of the road?  Do you wonder what kind of parent would just leave their child's waste behind like that?  Today I was in the park playing with my girls and we walked by the picnic tables and right there laid a diaper.  I have to admit its pretty disgusting to just see trash lying around in a park where your children play, but its an even worse offense when you see a dirty diaper.  Now granted I didn't see any waste receptacles in the area and if I had spent maybe two hours, I could have cleaned up the litter leading into the park too.  The sonic ice cream cups, the empty beer cans, and plastic waste.  I watch Survivorman and in almost every episode he seems to find some kind of leftover human rubbage.  I highly doubt though he would have used the diaper.  Maybe I should email Les and see if he would have done something with it.  Would he even dare touch it?

In all fairness, I admit I'm kind of tired of being part of the Waste Management Team.  I've been a horrible cloth diapering mama and you can be critical all you want, but trust me this upheaval in our lives has not been easy.  I still use biodegradable diapers and when they make a mess, I'll do the right thing by disposing it into the toilet.  So in five hundred years when they search landfills for clues to our human existence, I know that my child's DNA should be long gone.  Seriously, we should chat about my thoughts on being put into a coffin and rotting…okay that was definitely a joke since we all know how long it takes a body to decompose these days once they pump formaldehyde into our corpses.  I remember a story about how they pulled a body from a grave to solve a case from fifty years ago and the body was in mint condition.  MINT CONDITION.  Think about that when you start your burial plans and yes we all go at some point in our lives.

Anyway, back to that dirty diaper on the ground and how those parents would have been given a D minus in Waste Management.  They did fold up the diaper so its not an F per say.  However, I feel sorry for the child who sees their parent just leave trash and not do the responsible thing.  How hard is it to take it home or toss at the nearest gas station?  We are ultimately teaching our kids its okay to leave a mess and our trash behind.  Once out of sight, out of mind, right?  Well tell that to the park guy or to the person who comes across that dirty diaper and thinks "REALLY?!? What kind of parent does this?"

No comments:

Post a Comment