Monday, June 24, 2013

Stolen Moments

As chaos reigns, steal a moment.  That is my best advice this week.  The other day while our little girl was at the table making another mess and the baby in her bouncer, our paths crossed for just a moment and my husband and I hugged.  It was probably the best moment for me.  Don't forget you have a partner in crime and you NEED one another.  I don't want to be an empty nester looking at this person beside me and finding myself that I don't know him any longer.  These are what those stolen moments are for.  It still might happen to us and I hope it doesn't, but I'm going to do my best to prevent from saying "I don't know you and I don't love you anymore."  How cruel would that be?  You just spent a couple of decades raising children together and now you don't have anything in common.  We found common ground before children and survived quite a few years without them so its important to me to keep that connection alive.  

Now you might scoff about one simple hug, but it can truly save your sanity and connect you to the person you decided to marry.  Now I don't always listen to when I need to slow down and to provide that loving support.  I'm frantic to solve the chaos going on at that very moment.  However, the other day proved to me that I still need those moments and I'll try to accept them more.  Thinking of hugs, I enjoy reading Dear Prudence and there was a woman who was getting hugs from a co-worker.  She said her husband never wanted to provide any cuddling and she resorted to accepting hugs from another man.  I think this is a dangerous realm for her to be in and I'm glad my hubby still wants to give me a hug.  It made me realize how lucky I am!  So steal a moment away with your spouse and enjoy it even as chaos reigns around you.  The house isn't on fire so go ahead and get your hug today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment